WILL YOU PRAY FOR YOUR CHURCH'S WORSHIP SERVICE?
What would happen if everyone would pray before each worship service? Will you bathe your church's worship services in prayer using this biblically annotated list?
1. Pray that worshipers will feel God's presence and be so in awe of his power, authority, love, wisdom, and grace that they will truly worship God and hold on to him. ("For the LORD your God is God of gods and Lord of lords, the great God, mighty and awesome, who shows no partiality and accepts no bribes . . . Fear the LORD your God and serve him. Hold fast to him and take your oaths in his name." Deuteronomy 10:17,20).
2. Pray that everyone present will know Jesus Christ as Savior and will grow to know him better and better. ("For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified." 1 Corinthians 2:2).
3. Pray that the Word of God will be declared with clarity, boldness, love, and power. ("Pray, also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I'll fearlessly make known the mysteries of the gospel for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should." Ephesians 6:19-20).
4. Pray that no distractions will keep God's people from focusing on him and being fully open to the blessings he wants to bring into their lives. ("And pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ, for which I am in chains." Colossians 4:3).
5. Pray that all worship leaders - preacher, instrumentalists, vocalists, sound technicians, and greeters - will rely on and be used of the Lord. ("I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone -- for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness." 1 Timothy 2:1-2).
6. Pray that worshipers will apply the biblical truths and principles they hear and be encouraged, uplifted, challenged, and rebuked. ("Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says." James 1:22).
Information taken from Light-House, Volume 7, Number 7; published by Houses of Prayer Everywhere. To subscribe, or to get further information about Lighthouses of Prayer, call: 1-800-217-5200 or write P.O. Box 141312, Grand Rapids, MI. 49514.
May each of you be blessed as you join together in prayer and have a part in helping introduce people to Jesus, helping them become like Jesus, and teaching them to care for, nurture and shepherd each other. In the name of Jesus, Amen.
Graphics made by Soft Song Graphics